• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Lafayette Phono/Reverb /Center channel amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got this for a Stereo systen I built back in the 1960's I would like to know if anybody could give me a model number for this unit. It has 4 tubes 6AU6, 6GW8, 6X4, 12BH7A. and is used as a Center channel amp, or a Reverb unit, or as a phono amp. I have searched the net and as close as I can get is the Lafayette Reverb II. Can Anybody HELP?

Attachments

• IMG_4843WEB.JPG
    IMG_4843WEB.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4841WEB.JPG
    IMG_4841WEB.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4842WEB.JPG
    IMG_4842WEB.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 92
Hey ampman59,

I picked one of these up today at an estate sale. One of the tubes doesn't seem to light-up (the 6GWB) but all the other tubes glow and get hot. When I turn the volume, I get a little static and crackling sounds. I am not sure what to plug-in as an input source. Every phono input I have seen has 2 RCA plugs and a ground - this unit has only 1 RCA plug. What did you use to feed an audio source into your unit?

Thanks,

Jay

Hi Jayclary

Sorry it took so long to get back with you.

The phono input is a crystal/ceramic input and has only one channel (MOMO) there is a 3.3meg resister paralleled with a 10pf cond. which goes to the "Selector Switch"

Do you know the model number of this unit? Mine doesn't seem to have one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.