• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

My project (6c33SET)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had this ideea about 5-6 months ago. From now on it is a straight line to the finish.
6c33c monoblocks:

Attachments

• pkmn (1 of 1)-2.jpg
    pkmn (1 of 1)-2.jpg
    754.7 KB · Views: 384
Not yet. I am building two sets....
Have 4 chassis, 4 OPT, 2 PTX, connectors, 6-6c33 tubes, sockets.....just need a few small parts....................and the boxes for the transformers.
I still am stuck because i can't find boxes for the transformers.
Anyway i want to have the first set and the speakers ready before Christmas!
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Not yet. I am building two sets....
Have 4 chassis, 4 OPT, 2 PTX, connectors, 6-6c33 tubes, sockets.....just need a few small parts....................and the boxes for the transformers.
I still am stuck because i can't find boxes for the transformers.
Anyway i want to have the first set and the speakers ready before Christmas!
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Looking good...Just a reminder to burn in the tubes for a good few hours (day) before you switch on the HT or they could flash over ..heaters only...you could do this while you are waiting... :)

Regards
M. Gregg

C-core OPT nice:)

four amps are you planning a active 2way.

Well....actually i hope to sell them and make something bigger, better, FASTER (GM-70 or OT-100 SET).
At least one pair will go beacause this project ate alot more money then i was expecting...and i'm just a student.
At least i hope to have them all ready in the same time, so i can play with an active set-up :D.

BDW...the opt is on E+I...Both pairs. There is no good source of c-cores around.

Well....actually i hope to sell them and make something bigger, better, FASTER (GM-70 or OT-100 SET).
At least one pair will go beacause this project ate alot more money then i was expecting...and i'm just a student.
At least i hope to have them all ready in the same time, so i can play with an active set-up :D.

BDW...the opt is on E+I...Both pairs. There is no good source of c-cores around.
Better faster?

I think you have all ingredients to make a good performing tube amp. Only thing you could do is by the best performing OPT a C-core off edis.

And it is important to finish your project before starting something else.

Better faster?

I think you have all ingredients to make a good performing tube amp. Only thing you could do is by the best performing OPT a C-core off edis.

And it is important to finish your project before starting something else.

Yes i know! Even if i don't invest in another amp....i am still wasting alot of time thinking about what to do next. Which is rather .....stupid.

Well, at least i am learning my lesson :)).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.