• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6GF5 sound fine in triode mode ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The 6GF5 is not too linear by the looks of the GE data sheet, but it would be better triode strapped. High plate resistance and high operating voltage too. The 18A5 curve is really, well, curved. They could be made into a nice amp... but it is too much money and trouble just to use some tubes that are probably only worth $3 each. I have never heard them bit I am always interested in peoples opinions of tubes that are not often used in hifi equipment.

Take a look at the 6p14p and 6p15p.

Last edited:
The 6GF5 is not too linear by the looks of the GE data sheet, but it would be better triode strapped. High plate resistance and high operating voltage too. The 18A5 curve is really, well, curved. They could be made into a nice amp... but it is too much money and trouble just to use some tubes that are probably only worth $3 each. I have never heard them bit I am always interested in peoples opinions of tubes that are not often used in hifi equipment.

Take a look at the 6p14p and 6p15p.

I have this tubes in my hands per U$1 each.
I will get a dozen and make a good test.
Thanks for you opinion !

Aldovan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.