• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

anyone know the dimensions of a dynakit st-70 pcb?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm just doing this for practice designing PCBs with valves on, no immediate plans to produce this, but I was wondering if anyone knows the length and width and mounting hole positions (hole to hole spacing or hole to edge dimension, as long as I can work it out I'm not fussy :) ) for the PCB on this old favourite? I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers,
Matt

try this

conversion

76mm=2.99in
70=2.756
3.5=.137
29.2=1.1149
160=6.29
101.6=4

Its useful for making your own driver boards.

Attachments

• st70-cutout.png
    st70-cutout.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
The question asked by poster KX36 is "anyone know the dimensions of a Dynakit ST-70 pcb". The dimensions given by poster 6BG6GA are not quite accurate and may reflect the size of the chassis cut out that the board fits. The board itself is somewhat larger than the chassis cut out.

The original Dynaco PC-3 driver board (Dynaco part # 557003) is 3.25 inches front to back by 6.50 inches side to side. The mount holes on the board are 4.00 inches apart side to side and 3.00 inches apart front to back. Each mount hole is exactly 1/8 inch on center from the edge of the board.

Bob Latino

I gave you the cut out dims. Sorry about that. Anyone can plainly see after looking at the overall that the dims I gave were the cut out. Its very easy to print out the cut out size and use it for a template.

I use that for making my boards from a solid piece of PC board material without copper.

The dims for the stock board and the aftermarket boards do vary in length and width by as much as .020-.030 or more. Dims between different driver board manufacturers do also vary. I have three in front of me all different board designs and all vary in overall.

Dim from front to back is around 3.3 inches

Width is around 6 11/32 These are aftermarket nominal dims.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.