More articles for the Wireless World Archive - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th August 2011, 02:09 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default More articles for the Wireless World Archive

The Wireless World Archive

Accurate Record Equaliser: Mar 1961 (semi-passive RIAA in 1961)
Low-Cost Stereo Amplifier: Apr,May 1961 (two-parter on valve power amp)

Last edited by DouglasSelf; 5th August 2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 6th August 2011, 07:04 AM   #2
banat is offline banat  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Thanks Again !
Old 6th August 2011, 06:02 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I have a stack of Wireless World magazines from the late 20s and early 30s that used to belong to my grandfather. I'm not sure if they are in good enough shape to scan but they really do need preserved before time takes its toll on the paper. Maybe set up a camera mount and photograph each page?
Old 6th August 2011, 07:10 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by astouffer View Post
I have a stack of Wireless World magazines from the late 20s and early 30s that used to belong to my grandfather. I'm not sure if they are in good enough shape to scan but they really do need preserved before time takes its toll on the paper. Maybe set up a camera mount and photograph each page?
Better to use flatbed scanner
Old 7th August 2011, 05:16 AM   #5
cnpope is offline cnpope  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
There's a great app for the iphone called CamScanner, which takes a photo of a page and then processes it. The result is typically almost indistinguishable from a high quality scan.

Chris
Old 7th August 2011, 09:03 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnpope View Post
There's a great app for the iphone called CamScanner, which takes a photo of a page and then processes it. The result is typically almost indistinguishable from a high quality scan.

Chris
Unfortunately, it doesn't, especially if you zoom image. Better to use good flatbed and software with auto-adjustment of black/white levels (e.g. VueScan). Additionally, you will need to set up descreening at 125 lpi.
Old 13th August 2011, 06:36 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
It would be a very great thing if they could be scanned and made available. Like other people, I think a flatbed scanner is the way to go.
Old 14th August 2011, 07:38 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

This looks like an interesting article. Can you scan and post the rest of it?

A.F.C. Unit for F.M. Receivers

http://www.douglas-self.com/ampins/w...Feb56%20p5.jpg
Old 15th August 2011, 08:40 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

I found some more Wireless World articles.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=333363

Historical Physics Papers

Last edited by 7n7is; 15th August 2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 15th August 2011, 09:06 PM   #10
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

Many of those articles are from the period in the 1980s when WW saw itself as an alternative physics magazine. Not mainstream science. Some might even turn out to be true, but that will come via the conventional route of peer reviewed proper papers not popular ramblings.

Hide this!Advertise here!