• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Transcendent Sound's T16 OTL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OTL Amps

Interesting thoughts. Are the companies selling them, alot of interest or waning interest?

Any thoughts on the Atmasphere model amp. I don't know too much about it except I think it is suppose to be a cyclotron type design. Is that correct?

Thanks Guys.
Steve

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Interesting thoughts. Are the companies selling them, alot of interest or waning interest?

I have no idea on sales figures for this kind of product but consider it rather limited as it targets a niche market.

Any thoughts on the Atmasphere model amp. I don't know too much about it except I think it is suppose to be a cyclotron type design. Is that correct?

The Atmasphere OTLs have quite a following. These are based around the Wiggings Cyclotron/Circlotron circuit.
Not the most economic way of designing OTL amps and also not the way to go if you want low Zo prior to global NFB.

The main advantage is that it is truely symmetrical in concept AC and DC.

While you can easilly conceive a differential OTL amp, the Cyclotron is a true current bridge that essentially balances itself...in theory at least.

Cheers,;)

Attachments

• fig7.gif
    fig7.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 567
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.