• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Gyrator design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Alastair,
Your recommendations are not totally relevant as other parameters are changed when changing resistor R1. C1, the 590 and the resistance to ground from M1, sets lowend response. So by changing one value you´ve got to change at least another.

Unfortunately it is hard to calculate so use LTSPice to find out.

You find a good design check Glucas PCB GB.

Last edited:
Hey Alastair,
Your recommendations are not totally relevant as other parameters are changed when changing resistor R1. C1, the 590 and the resistance to ground from M1, sets lowend response. So by changing one value you´ve got to change at least another.

Unfortunately it is hard to calculate so use LTSPice to find out.

You find a good design check Glucas PCB GB.

Hmm...

Only answering the O/P's question exactly as I saw it....

So, IMHO were exactly 'relevant' Nothing was mentioned about anything else!:rolleyes:

having Modelled similar schemes in Spice I can say that the value of the resistor in question has little effect--In Simulation.....

Real-world however, is a Totally different animal!:D

TBH, and again--Just my feeble opinion....

C1 is way too big, (0.1uF is fine) R2 is way too small (Up to 22M here is perfectly fine)

The Value of R1 will not IMO necessitate major changes in the two components you have highlighted IME

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.