Help Need the VSE SuperReg schematic! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd August 2003, 08:24 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Help Need the VSE SuperReg schematic!

Hi everybody!

I need the Vacuum State Electronics Super Reg schematic since they seem to have removed it from thier website...

Thanks!
Old 22nd August 2003, 08:35 PM   #2
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Was the superreg ever up there? Allan earns his bread with his designs..so can't imagine he would...Anyway Emile Sprenger has taken the Superreg and took it from there. His is for all to see.

http://www.euronet.nl/~aespreng/Shuntregv11d/

Cheers,
Bas
Old 23rd August 2003, 12:15 AM   #3
diyAudio Senior Member

Hi,

Quote:
I need the Vacuum State Electronics Super Reg schematic since they seem to have removed it from thier website...
IOW, I can't think for myself...therefore I need to steal.

Boy, no wonder economy's low nowadays...

Bass,

I wouldn't even give that pearl to a swine...

Quo vadis, homine?

Cheers,
Old 23rd August 2003, 01:24 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

There was only ever an older version in the Lenehan preamp section, which wasn't the same as what's currently sold. I have both, but Allen has been very generous to me over the years and it would be inappropriate to pass it on.

Emile's circuit is great, and one that you can build with no copyright problems (for your own use). The only thing I don't like about it is the opamp in it is really expensive.

If you want one of Allen's, of course you could get hold of a copy of the Tube Preamp Cookbook.
Old 23rd August 2003, 03:21 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I know Wright's regulator is a pearl... you bet!!! I haven't the skills to design such a piece of equipment (but maybe I can at least appreciate it), I don't want to steal anything from nobody, I just want to build some great hi-fi for my own pleasure. I remember a time not so long ago where some diy guys were selling Aleph-X PCB by tens. Anyway, we are going nowhere with this... Thanks for replies.
Old 23rd August 2003, 09:57 PM   #6
grataku is offline grataku  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Zappa
I know Wright's regulator is a pearl... you bet!!! I haven't the skills to design such a piece of equipment (but maybe I can at least appreciate it), I don't want to steal anything from nobody, I just want to build some great hi-fi for my own pleasure. I remember a time not so long ago where some diy guys were selling Aleph-X PCB by tens. Anyway, we are going nowhere with this... Thanks for replies.
Don't worry about it Zappa, Frank was just out of whatever tobacco product he chews.

Yep, we sold about a thousand X boards, I am now posting from the Bahamas where I moved shortly thereafter.
Old 23rd August 2003, 11:25 PM   #7
diyAudio Senior Member

Hi,

Quote:
Don't worry about it Zappa, Frank was just out of whatever tobacco product he chews.
Nah...Frank's just is a good, old fashioned chap with a set of principles carved in stone.

The tobacco supply is just fine.

Cheers,
Old 24th August 2003, 01:31 AM   #8
grataku is offline grataku  United States
diyAudio Member

Since it's all about poor Allen's welfare,
my principles tend to break down when the reciprocity is broken. i.e if I give you my CC number, which you readily accept, and you proceed to use my money to finance your operation interest free for a few weeks or months then you have a problem with me.
By their own admission and disclaimer dealing with VSE is a real pain in the ***. I wouldn't mind sending them the 50 bucks or whatever to get their cookbook, I use 50s to light my barbeque. However, when I read sentences like these:

"Please don’t forget the shipping or your order will get sent the cheapest (slowest) way–if we send it at all. Either way it becomes a hassle for us both–OK?"

or these:

"We are not cheats AND DO deliver, but do NOT promise when, and if you are not prepared to wait a bit then please don’t order in the first place. I promise you it’s very hard to get me to spend the time to cancel/refund your CC just because you expected the book/cable/kit to arrive quickly—clear? You can cancel of course, it’s your legal right, but it will be up to you to do the paperwork your end—OK?"

I can't help it but feeling like taking a pipi in their pool.

Maybe there is something I don't know about Zappa but considering that you may or may not get the book from VSE depending on the Allen's mood and the planets position, the request looked reasonable to me.

Hide this!Advertise here!