• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

tube B 406 triode dick's cleo 4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
is there any specific or subjective reason that you chose B406 instead 26 for your preamp? As far as I know most people in DIY community prefer using tube 26 (even 10Y) for their DHT project. It's quite interesting fact that european DHT tube not that popular for DHT preamp although some of the euro tubes have same linearity

is there any specific or subjective reason that you chose B406 instead 26 for your preamp? As far as I know most people in DIY community prefer using tube 26 (even 10Y) for their DHT project. It's quite interesting fact that european DHT tube not that popular for DHT preamp although some of the euro tubes have same linearity

I do not use 26 for my preamp because i have used for power.
26 is good tube and popular for preamp.

B406 is a tube that my first fell in love with the tube system.:)
When i go to my friend's house, and i listening his system whit B406.

This tube is amazing, I love the vocals sound natural, mellow, slow impression music, my favorite when combined with AZ1 valvo being so real life. (this opinnion is my personal assessment).

This tube may be rare and vintage from 1925, may be not popular as 26.
But I was lucky to get it. My references are triode dick's.

I am using now is a single B406 with ground cathode. enough for me, although small gains.

I still have one more, the newly completed, following the advice of the Manta with OTL. schematic basis of Cleo 4 from Triode Dick's.
I not yet tasted. i will waiting you and friends come to listen together.:D

Attachments

• prEAMP TRIODE DICK.jpg
    prEAMP TRIODE DICK.jpg
    844.7 KB · Views: 298
Thank you, for your support my friends.
I have another B406 preamp.made that as third diagram of Manta but not used line OT (used R-C=0,45uf)

Rect: AZ1 VAlvo ,

C1 (powersupply) 20uf Jansen Cap Metallized.
if friends have experience with this cap. please share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exlv_-okKyg]TANNOY canterbury with tube B406 + 26 + 45 + 300B - YouTube[/url]

Replace B406 with phillips B403.
singel stage B403 gnd cathode

tried add PT hashimoto PT 95R for rectifer AZ1 (200-0-200)
and filement stay from another PT diy 0-4v

B+ 220v
va 95v
Vg -17v

Ra 3x25K
Rk 1k2
Ck 100uf ( i not yet replace with 100uf/50v) because i want step down vg to -15v next.

sound : all around is good and i like.........:D

Attachments

• IMG_0282.JPG
    IMG_0282.JPG
    315.1 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0286[1].JPG
    IMG_0286[1].JPG
    242.8 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_0283[1].JPG
    IMG_0283[1].JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.