• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tetra lives!!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So after having John of Tube-cad fame exhibit his true colors as a gentleman with class and integrity I recieved my Tetra phono pre. I just have it temporarily mounted, as I couldn't wait to hear it, but it's nothing short of amazing. I'm no poet, so flowers and unicorns will not adorn my description, but some lp's made me laugh in disbelief, and some made me cry... Both were joyous.

I have to say that if you're in the market for a phono pre Johns circuits are of THE highest quality... Not to mention you're supporting a helluva guy and DIYer

I'll post pics when I'm not on my pocket computer(iPhone).

Cheers

This phono pre has got my attention. I am looking to improve on my Transcendent Phono -- I wonder if this will do the job.

I was glancing at John's site, and got stuck at the power supply hurdle. I know I can build a kit from good instructions... is there information about how where, how to power the Tetra? What parts are needed?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the delay... I used an Edcor xfmr #XPWR054. They make them to order, so it took around five weeks, but seems to be a solid piece of gear.

I still don't have access to my computer, so pics will be a little longer, but I'm finding that my lp's are demanding my time now. :)

While I was working on the case for the Tetra I hooked up my turntable to the on-board phono pre in my Yamaha and amazed at how bad it sounded. I couldn't wait to switch back!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.