Duelund Alexander Copper Foil Capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As I always thought....

IF caps were so different and superior made from copper foils and more exotic stuffs, then All caps would be made that way!

--After all, there's Loads of Cap makers are all in competition with each other, To have the edge in their products of superior performance, you can be sure they would ALL be copper foil and silver gold-plated leads etc

--IF and ONLY IF it made That Much Difference in Performance!....

Let the psychofinancialaccoustic effect be reserved for the audiophools!

Nah, I'll stick to good old fashioned common or garden caps from a Reputable PROPER Mainstream Capacitor Maker
--Loads to choose from too! and they dont break the bank, like these daft things do!

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
As I always thought....

IF caps were so different and superior made from copper foils and more exotic stuffs, then All caps would be made that way!

--After all, there's Loads of Cap makers are all in competition with each other, To have the edge in their products of superior performance, you can be sure they would ALL be copper foil and silver gold-plated leads etc

--IF and ONLY IF it made That Much Difference in Performance!....

Let the psychofinancialaccoustic effect be reserved for the audiophools!

Nah, I'll stick to good old fashioned common or garden caps from a Reputable PROPER Mainstream Capacitor Maker
--Loads to choose from too! and they dont break the bank, like these daft things do!

I agree these are a high price,
Much lower than normal for Duelund caps.

I am not saying they are good or bad just asking if anyone has experience with them. They are similar in price to Audio Note copper foil in oil.

If anyone has any info.....If not fine :)

Regards
M. Gregg

It's hard to beat the Mundorf silver/gold/oil or other top of the line products from the big brands because of the scale of their production, R&D, and distribution. I myself use Audio Note copper foil in oil... but part of the fun in DIY is trying out off-beat stuff (as long as it doesn't break the bank/blow the fuses).

It's hard to beat the Mundorf silver/gold/oil or other top of the line products from the big brands because of the scale of their production, R&D, and distribution. I myself use Audio Note copper foil in oil... but part of the fun in DIY is trying out off-beat stuff (as long as it doesn't break the bank/blow the fuses).

Have you compared Mundorf SGO with Audio Note Copper Foil? Currently I am using AN Copper Foil, and curious to try experimenting with other type/ brand in the same league.....

I have drawers full of capacitors, a shelf in the garage with many large ones, and several installed into my components. I've tried almost all of them on line level (after discharging of course), and they all sound different. This should be no surprise.

I have not tried the Alexander, but have the aluminum flat Duelund, the copper foil Jensens, and the Mundorf Silver-Gold oil. Some of my older oil filled capacitors sound best to me. Some of them sound pretty bad. So I would not rely on "garden variety" or "old fashioned" to choose a capacitor for sound quality.

I just got a V-cap sample, and after seeing this topic, have ordered an Alexander to test. In order for me to use them in the signal path, the must sound better than the copper Jensens.

By the way, the Mundorf Silver-Gold oil capacitors sound excellent, but they are bright, compared to the other excellent capacitors, and to a copper wire. This could be a good thing depending on the component.

I will post the results of the Alexanders in about two weeks from now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.