• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Yaqin MS-20L tube recommendation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2011
Hi All,
Been watching a while but this is my first post.

I just got a Yaqin MS-20L a couple of days ago. I am thinking of rolling the tubes after the originals break in, First I want to see how the break in affects the sound of the factory tubes.

I was a TV repairman in the 70's so I am familiar with tubes and how they work.

I was wondering if anyone here had any recommendations for what to replace the original 6J1 (8 pcs) and EL34b (4 pcs) with.

Thanks

Hi,
I have the Yaqin MC10L, with 6N1 and el34. I am currently using russian 6N1P-EV instead of the 6N1s (not sure about 6J1 though) and 6P3S-ev, biased at 0.46 instead of the el34s. Sound is, to me, better than the original chinese valves. Original chinese valves have a tendency to fail early, better check them if you have the means.
Good luck!

I own the pre-owned MS-20L and I notice there are room for improvement from the basic original unit
Yesterday, I just recvd the Quad Matched - Genalex Gold Lion KT77 Cryo Version :D
Set the bias not exceeding 0,4mV as directed in the manual.

The 1st one hour result : the mid-high and bottom low improved significantly.
Imho...Frankly speaking, the original tube kit was not bad at all :eek:

And I plan to upgrade the Coupling Capacitor very soon .... most welcome for any sharing on this cap upgrade (value,brand, type etc)

Attachments

• kt77.JPG
    kt77.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 132
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.