• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Where can I bought some Tubes in England?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
London

Nothing in London really , just Langrex in Croydon , south London (it's a bit of a trek) and just north of London (25 miles from the city centre) , Watford Valves in Garston . I doubt there are any shops with valves on display , most dealers are based from warehouses and usually operate mail order . The only shop was Colomor who used to have a shop on the Goldhawk Road but even they have moved to Billingshurst , Kent , again to a warehouse !

316a

Geography

ashok said:
You can also get them at CVC (Chelmer Valve Company ) and Wilmslow Audio. They have web sites though I don't have the URL. My pal ordered them as soon as he got there and had it delivered to his hotel.
Cheers.

Wilmslow aren't really a valve supplier (speakers) and they're up t'north in Leicester and only have a limited range . Watch out with CVC ! Ask what manufacturer the tubes are made by if using their 'CVC Premium' brand . They are a rebrander , you could get Mullard , Ei anything

316a

Re: Geography

316a said:

Wilmslow aren't really a valve supplier (speakers) and they're up t'north in Leicester and only have a limited range . Watch out with CVC ! Ask what manufacturer the tubes are made by if using their 'CVC Premium' brand . They are a rebrander , you could get Mullard , Ei anything

316a

Only a Londoner could consider Leicester as being up north.
There is also PM Components in Chatham.

ray.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.