• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Ming-Da MC-300B845 schematic needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hello!

I was asked to help to repair broken Chinese High-End monoblock from Ming-Da. I've never seen such a beast, what it is inside. Does anyone have a schematic by chance?

Looks as weird selection of tubes to me, like 300B to drive 845 without proper interstage transformer.

Any info?

Anatoliy

Wondering if this is similar to the Liang which uses a 300B as a low current (!) cathode follower.

Very probably, I have not seen it yet. I hoped to see some drawing before I get it. Anyway I read some opinion in the Net, and it looks like tube selected according to popularity ratings, and used in totally wrong for them regimes. Like, 300B instead of 6SN7, for more expensive appearance, resulting in all that hemorrhoid with directly heated cathodes. Also, looks like output transformers have wrong values of winding ratios.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.