• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Music Angel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I have bought a second hand Music Angel EL34, which has been looked after and re-tubed! I haven't tried it out yet. I'm waiting for the wife to go and get her hair done so I can play and find a space for it to live in!

The chap I bought it off was a Radio-Ham and has changed the EL34 for a quad matched set and also changed the 6SL7 for a couple of circa 1940 tubes!

What I don't have is a manual, can any body let me have a copy? I'll cover any expense.

There is a switch on top of the amp, any body know what this is for. There are also two 'Indicator' tubes fitted are these necessary or just an add piece of glitz?

I would love to know if any one can suggest any cap changes etc to improve sound etc??

Regards, Knutech

I do not believe there are any decent manuals available.
(Some of these amps may have been supplied with one, but it was not worth saving)

The switch is for switching between triode and pentode mode for output tubes.
The loudest is pentode mode, which also gives highest max power. Triode could sound sweeter in some circumstances. Be careful not to flip the switch with any loud signals.

The indicator tubes are just [silly] glitz - can be removed.

SveinB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.