Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Tube Socket Identification
Tube Socket Identification
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 05:12 AM   #1
scubacamper is offline scubacamper  United States
diyAudio Member
Join Date: May 2011
Default Tube Socket Identification

I'm a novice in the tube world as tube electronics were replaced before I was born. I came upon a hodge podge of parts (via a deceased relative) and wondered if there was an easy way to identify them for selling purposes.
The following is a list of parts and any identifying markings found on the part. Can someone tell me what the part is called and what it is used for? Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!
1. 10-pin tube socket with center hole. The brownish/black socket portion (looks like plastic) is around 2cm in diameter. There is a symbol on the face that is 2 capital C's separated by what looks like a simple lightning bolt. On the other side, there is an "888". The mounting holes on the bracket are exactly 2.6cm apart from inside edge to inside edge (of mounting hole).
2. 10-pin tube socket center hole (does not have mounting bracket). It is completely round except for one tangential edge that is flat (for a length of 1.1cm) socket is 2.5cm in diameter. The socket has an "886" on the top and a "3" on another part of the top. The bottom prongs look more like plugs than soldering points.
3. 10-pin tube socket with each pin plug (hole) marked with consecutive numbers from 1-10. Socket is shaped much like an eye (ellipse) and the base is brownish red in color. There is an "MX" on the top. One diameter is 3.4cm and the long diameter is 4.5cm. There is a notch on the edge of the base between plugs 1 & 2.

I have others but I think I'll just stick with those for now...
(is it possible to post photos with the text post?)
Thanks so much for any help!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:23 PM   #2
jazzguitar is offline jazzguitar  Germany
diyAudio Member
Join Date: May 2011
If #1 and #2 will take a standard 9-pin tube like the 12AX7 then these are sockets for two TV tubes of the early 1970's. Only those two types needed the socket. I've seen such sockets on tube testers but forgot the number of the tube types.
  Reply With Quote


Tube Socket IdentificationHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tube socket does not fit tube WRyan Tubes / Valves 18 20th January 2009 02:41 AM
tube socket sale tubesocket Vendor's Bazaar 21 11th November 2008 01:36 AM
Tube Identification fauxpas Tubes / Valves 7 26th December 2007 02:14 PM
Help on tube socket dung0981 Tubes / Valves 6 5th August 2006 09:31 AM
Tube Identification Help Please artaudio Tubes / Valves 11 2nd May 2005 12:23 AM

New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:41 PM.

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.79%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio