phase splitter issue - Page 99 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th October 2012, 03:32 PM   #981
diyAudio Member

Please post or give me a link to dm6l6.inc.
Old 9th October 2012, 03:40 PM   #982
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPaul View Post
There is simply no experimental evidence to support the claim that Zpg = Zkg = 1/gm.
As long as the loads are equal, ALL of the experimental evidence is consistent with that. I haven't found an exception and, based on your one experiment, neither have you.
Old 9th October 2012, 04:24 PM   #983
diyAudio Member

Of course it's consistent. But only in the sense that it is not contradictory. Heater voltages of 6.3V are consistent with B+ voltages of 300V. That doesn't mean either one predicts or constrains the other. "Consistent" doesn't mean "implies".

There is not a single test for the Zpg or Zkg of a balanced Cdyne that you can point to that favors the value of 1/gm above any other. 143,738 is no more or less valid than 1/gm.

There is no way to bench test Zkg or Zpg if the Cdyne is kept balanced. There’s no voltage at the junction of the sources in the model whether its center is grounded or floating. There’s no voltage at the junction of the coupling caps on the bench. There’s no current from either of these points to ground. Ergo, you can’t measure the impedance connecting these points to ground. And because that impedance is a part of Zp and Zk, these tests can say nothing about them.

Why don't you engage with the argument in the above paragragh whose conclusion you deny, and try to find flaws in it? Ignoring reasoning is no defense against its conclusion.
Old 9th October 2012, 04:29 PM   #984
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
There is not a single test for the Zpg or Zkg of a balanced Cdyne that you can point to that favors the value of 1/gm above any other. 143,738 is no more or less valid than 1/gm.
Other than all of the actual experimental data. Plug 143,738 ohms into the Thevenin source impedance at either or both outputs and you get the wrong answer.
Old 9th October 2012, 05:12 PM   #985
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Of course it's consistent. But only in the sense that it is not contradictory. Heater voltages of 6.3V are consistent with B+ voltages of 300V. That doesn't mean either one predicts or constrains the other. "Consistent" doesn't mean "implies".
That might be the most singularly inapt analogy I've ever seen. The Zout = 1/gm model correctly predicts the effects of loading. 6.3V on the heater predicts nothing about the plate. Or was that just a silly debating trick?
Old 9th October 2012, 05:44 PM   #986
diyAudio Member

And once again, you simply ignore rather than confront an inconvenient argument. You refuse to engage or acknowledge what doesn't suit you.

You will forgive me if I wonder if you are trying to misread what I have said. The fact is that all of the following models are consistent with all of your experimental data. That means that your experiments are incapable of determining which, if any, is correct. Which means you aren't measuring Zpg or Zkg.

cdyne4.GIF

Last edited by CPaul; 9th October 2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: change "zk" to "zkg"; attachment disappeared.
Old 9th October 2012, 09:50 PM   #987
diyAudio Moderator

Do you understand the word "predictive"?
Old 9th October 2012, 10:12 PM   #988
diyAudio Moderator

By the way, if you eliminate your added Dunsel resistor entirely, you end up with the Figure 2 in my article.
Old 9th October 2012, 10:34 PM   #989
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Please post or give me a link to dm6l6.inc.
Generic triode
Pentodes

Last edited by kenpeter; 9th October 2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 9th October 2012, 10:49 PM   #990
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
As long as the loads are equal, ALL of the experimental evidence is consistent with that. I haven't found an exception and, based on your one experiment, neither have you.
Even when identical loads behave non-equal ( due to being on
different push or pull parts of a forward conducting curve ).
Even push the example to extremes of A2 stOOpidity and open
any GNF feedback loops that might push it back into balance.

There just isn't a whole lot damage done by impedance being
locally unequal, when compared to locally forced equal. Its
proven to my satisfaction that there was nothing wrong with
the old unequal impedance Cathodyne that wants fixing.

The worst bent case (aside from DC) has been explored, and
this debate will find no answers at the end of that tunnel.

Last edited by kenpeter; 9th October 2012 at 11:13 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!