• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Lafayette Model 417

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've just picked up a Lafayette PA, model 417. It's a 90 watt system running (2) 6L6G power tubes, a 6J7 and a 6SC7 in the preamp. There is a 5y3G in there and a few other things i've not dug out yet. My google searches have turned up nothing. Has anyone ever seen one before, or better yet, have any experience with one? My intent is to convert this thing to guitar use.

It can't be 90W RMS output from 2 6L6Gs. Even class B @ max plate voltage they are rated at 47W. Most likely the 90 Watts is the draw from the power line. The best thing to do is to replace all the capacitors, draw out the circuit and check all the voltages to make sure they appear correct.

It can't be 90W RMS output from 2 6L6Gs. Even class B @ max plate voltage they are rated at 47W. Most likely the 90 Watts is the draw from the power line. The best thing to do is to replace all the capacitors, draw out the circuit and check all the voltages to make sure they appear correct.

This is true. Closer to 35 when all is done. But that is a lot of power. This could be an intresting conversion. Got Pictures?

I'll snap some pictures tonight. I was assuming 60 watts max out of the amp but the tag on the back says 90. I'm not sure where they're pulling the number from.
It's very puzzling that I can't find any manuals referencing the model number. It seems like every other Lafayette product out there is documented.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.