• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

CLASS A TUBE AMPLIFIER FOR TWEETER

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
wired in paralell , 2 for each channel.

now that's an important information you failed to tell first, I am sure you can figure the resistance!
now when you have resistance, you need to provide an information how loud at what distance...and there you go! from sensitivity you get watts required
congrats!

wired in paralell , 2 for each channel. for bass i have a 150w amp , mids another 150w amp , i need a 3d amp for this tweeters.

Probably need more than your average small SE will provide I suspect, as you've got 300W below it!

A quick test with any old amp will give you an idea, based on that and the power it was running, design the SE to supply....

Maybe a Big ole 845 amp might do it I dunno...

TOO many variables to say exactly how much power you'll need...

The size, decorations, shape, and floor/wall coverings in/of your room will affect the perceived power of the HF system, as well as speaker-placement In that room, so you really need to do some testing and see....

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
would make sense if you use high efficiency tweeter
you might even get away with very simple low gain design

even with a 100db tweeter, end result could be 90db

but probably not very good for driving a complicated speaker design with multiple units/drivers

your efficiency is given, it comes from the manufacturer...
Sensitivity
93dB/1m/2.83v

(efficiency and sensitivity are the same)

what you need to know, is how loud you require it to play...
seems to me if you don't need too loud, the tweeters are plenty sensitive, all you need is few watts...

Err--Not really....The Listening Room Environment is ALL important with regards Tweeter/HF Performance.

Also, the O/P has 300W 'Under' the HF Channel, and we have NO idea of the size of the room.....

HF is absorbed by any fabrics in the room, and the wall/floor coverings....

For a PERCEIVED certain Volume to MATCH 300W a Much Higher than 'a few watts' will be needed!

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Err...not really...efficiency/sensitivity of the speaker is measured under defined conditions...err...not in you listening room, ok? if each manufacturer uses whatever room he wants, than sensitivity is a meaningless number

I agree that room should be taken into the consideration for amp decision, but still, the spec for sensitivity is what it is, sensitivity under defined conditions

Err...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.