• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Music Angel Meng 6P1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've just received my Meng; however it's arrived with a box of broken valves. I've looked at the datasheets for 6P1P-EV and 6N2P-EV and they're virtually identical. Am I right in assuming that I can drop these valves straight in?

Last edited:
Thank you, I've had a quick look, the transformer is correct, there's no chassis earth and there were some dry joints.

After earthing the chassis you just need the new small tubes?
The russian 6N1 and 6N2 tubes are good - buy the EV versions and you get nice shiny pins on them: They sound excellent too.

I like the Meng you have - looks a very sweet concept, you just need to supply the final build and QA on it yourself - and change out the capacitors.

I bought it so I could learn, I've only built kits so far. Even though I've had to purchase tubes it's worked out cheaper than buying transformers to build one, let alone chassis punching.

My plan is to begin by tracing the PCB artwork, learn about the circuit, modify the circuit if I feel the need to and then re-build point to point. My next post will be to ask if somebody can check my circuit diagram to see if it is correct. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.