• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Miniature Tubes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Umm.. I have no idea what happened to the body of my message so I will repeat it.

I am looking to start a build for a <25W headphone pre/amp. The project requires a small footprint so I am looking for tubes. So far I have found 6n16/17b. I would like to be able to set Trebble/Mid/Bass characteristics via potentiometers.

Can anybody recommend some good small tubes?

Wow I have read a lot of web pages this weekend. Found quite a few designs and some new tubes such as PL504, 5672, 6418.

I have not done much tube building but I have a 12au7, 12ax7 and a 6v6 on hand I think I will toy with and see what results I get. I found the tube-town.net tube selector guide and it seems pretty handy and diyaudioprojects.com has some simple projects I am going to try out.

I need to learn how to read the tube sheets and properly bias the tubes mentioned above but the ECC81/2/3 tubes seem to be the best and cheapest to start with.

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.