• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Vintage Marconi radio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Goodnight,

A old friend of my parents found a very old Marconi radio in his basement and he asked me if I could repair it.
The radio as a broken tube that I dont know what it can be, and the string that moves the tuner is broken, that is a easy fix I think, but the electronics in it are a bit more complex, as I never worked with tubes, from it looks I think it need at least a nice cleaning and a re-cap.
See the photos and leave a comment if you know this radio or if you have any idea about it.

This is the front panel and in the clear circle is the broken tube that is also out of place:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This is the serial and the model number:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This is the general looks of the interior:

There is this transformer that I cant understand if its coated or its pretty well burned:

A close-up of the broken valve, it first appeared to be just a green light, but from the general photo you can see that there is a lot of pins in it:

And this is a paper that is glued inside the radio:

Thanks in advance.

I will only work on the insides/electronics, not on the outside/wood.

Does anyone know where can I find the Y61 magic eye, I searched a bit but I cant find anyone selling it, or the Mullard equivalent and if possible what I would need to change in the circuitry to make it work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.