• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Info for Pioneer SA-810 tube amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
G'day to all,
I have just bought a Pioneer SA-810 tube amp and it is running very well, everything works and has plenty of punch, BUT - distortion is present even at a low volume. Is this normal for this amp ? :scratch1:

I didn't see any PIO caps when I opened 'er up either.
I have a Sansui 1000A and there are many PIO caps inside (she 's in the midst of a cap overhaul).

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone might have some useful information on the Pioneer SA-810. I am keen to recap it but not sure if it's necessary or not.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Thanks LinuksGuru for the info, (links).Looking forward to getting started, but not before I finish with the Sansui which will be taking centre stage. ( I should have mentioned earlier that the distortion from the Pioneer SA-810is not as bad as I may have led on, but it is there. The louder I turn it the worse it gets.Sounds pretty good for CD's, phono works well).Thanks again, Andrew.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.