• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

2a3 - for car use?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Criticsm and advice are welcome

oliezt_sayfu,

I find tubes on low voltage interesting. I used inverter power for an Aikido stage.

I am interested in the circuit (shematic) for the smps you have used and how you removed the switching spikes - these should also be evident on the heater supply. Even worse on DHT! 47Khz shown is freq for? Supply freq or oscillator freq?

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Hello henry, i'm from jakarta, Bekasi Actually....
it sound good to me, but if it compare to an 2a3 se amp with 50/60hz power supply..., the sound is a little weird, but i'm statisfy with the sound.
more real, more enjoyable,and ofcourse a sparkling sound<-(this from 2a3 vavle)

Hello Mr.Greg
i like aikido, flexible gain and valve, and low out impedance...
i built it once., to drive a mosfet class a se,
45khz is the freq of switching (SMPS),
voltage ripple is easy to eliminate, since this a high freq , but
like you say the spike for dht valve filament is hard to battle,
i'm use clc filter then use voltage regulator, problem solved, but then
i'm upgrade the ignition of my car with msd 6al, msd spark wire...and sparkplug,
the battle continue.. , i put a choke to batt + and -, then... thanks god...it's work...

warm regards
M.Holis

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Hello henry, i'm from jakarta, Bekasi Actually....
it sound good to me, but if it compare to an 2a3 se amp with 50/60hz power supply..., the sound is a little weird, but i'm statisfy with the sound.
more real, more enjoyable,and ofcourse a sparkling sound<-(this from 2a3 vavle)

Hello Mr.Greg
i like aikido, flexible gain and valve, and low out impedance...
i built it once., to drive a mosfet class a se,
45khz is the freq of switching (SMPS),
voltage ripple is easy to eliminate, since this a high freq , but
like you say the spike for dht valve filament is hard to battle,
i'm use clc filter then use voltage regulator, problem solved, but then
i'm upgrade the ignition of my car with msd 6al, msd spark wire...and sparkplug,
the battle continue.. , i put a choke to batt + and -, then... thanks god...it's work...

warm regards
M.Holis

So are you putting 47Khz into the supply Tx on your drawing? (Is this square wave (chopped) or a "variation of sine"? ie made from a signal generator type circuit!

Something you could try (worked for me)

Two 100uH chokes in series with supply one on the Gnd and one on the + with two .1uF caps across the supply one before and one after the chokes. It would depend on the frequency of the spikes, however its worth a try! Also try this circuit after the B+ smoothing, before the tubes!

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
latest update.... of my car d3a+300b amp amplifier, with shock and vibration isolation

Attachments

• myamp.jpg
    myamp.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 118
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.