• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Music Angel MENG Series EL34 Push Pull Tube Integrated Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just bought one of these amps off eBay similar to this thread
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/125631-meng-series-el34b-integrated-amplifier.html
However my problem is not a hiss or a channel not working, my issue is the fact that it doesn't appear to be turning on. When I flick the switch, the tubes do not respond whatsoever, they don't heat up, they don't light up, they just stay cold and lifeless. The gorgeous Triangle Zerius speakers I bought that I hooked up into the amp produce no sound connected to my CD player.

I replaced the three pronged power cord with an old one that I know for a fact works, because it used to work with my old computer. I made sure before I even plugged it in that the power matched the output.

I really am a newbie here, and I have contacted the friendly sellers from eBay and hopefully they'll get back to me soon, but if anyone has any suggestions, like taking out the tubes and putting them back in again, or opening up the device and tinkering around in there, please let me know

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.