Music Angel MENG Series EL34 Push Pull Tube Integrated Amp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th April 2011, 03:47 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Unhappy Music Angel MENG Series EL34 Push Pull Tube Integrated Amp

Just bought one of these amps off eBay similar to this thread
MENG Series "EL34B" Integrated Amplifier
However my problem is not a hiss or a channel not working, my issue is the fact that it doesn't appear to be turning on. When I flick the switch, the tubes do not respond whatsoever, they don't heat up, they don't light up, they just stay cold and lifeless. The gorgeous Triangle Zerius speakers I bought that I hooked up into the amp produce no sound connected to my CD player.

I replaced the three pronged power cord with an old one that I know for a fact works, because it used to work with my old computer. I made sure before I even plugged it in that the power matched the output.

I really am a newbie here, and I have contacted the friendly sellers from eBay and hopefully they'll get back to me soon, but if anyone has any suggestions, like taking out the tubes and putting them back in again, or opening up the device and tinkering around in there, please let me know
Old 9th April 2011, 03:54 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Here's a link to the specific amp btw
MINI L3 EL34 x 4 Push Pull Tube Integrater Amplifier ch | eBay
Old 9th April 2011, 05:01 AM   #3
Svein_B is offline Svein_B  Norway
diyAudio Member

Check the fuse first. It is integrated in the 3-pin power socket.

If the fuse is OK, the next step is to open it up and check or any loose wires/connections.

SveinB
Old 9th April 2011, 02:15 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svein_B View Post
Check the fuse first. It is integrated in the 3-pin power socket.

If the fuse is OK, the next step is to open it up and check or any loose wires/connections.

SveinB
Where is the fuse located? And do I have to unscrew anything to check on it?
Old 10th April 2011, 06:51 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Nevermind, fuse is fine, but I'm still opening up a claim on eBay to get a full refund. It's not worth all of this hassle

Hide this!Advertise here!