• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

tube rolling el34 need advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello i'm new here and on my 1st tube amp . i want to try tube rolling a quad of el34s but the ones i'm using now have no pin in pin 1 and all the ones i've seen on the net do have .will it be ok just to swap anyway. i aint got pin 6 either but i believe that's just a dummy . i did read somewhere about pin 1 and 8 being internally connected so maybe pin 1 is powered through pin 8 but i'm really in the dark and need some advice before i blow something up . i got a push/pull amp and the valves have no logo or any writing on them at all ... thanks

vegatable rights and peace

hello i'm new here and on my 1st tube amp . i want to try tube rolling a quad of el34s but the ones i'm using now have no pin in pin 1 and all the ones i've seen on the net do have .will it be ok just to swap anyway. i aint got pin 6 either but i believe that's just a dummy . i did read somewhere about pin 1 and 8 being internally connected so maybe pin 1 is powered through pin 8 but i'm really in the dark and need some advice before i blow something up . i got a push/pull amp and the valves have no logo or any writing on them at all ... thanks

vegatable rights and peace

An EL34 should have pin 1. Do the tubes actually have EL34 stamped on the outside of the tube? You are correct about pin 6, no connection. Typically pins 1 & 8 are tied together externally, but not internally in a EL34 application. The 6550 does not use pin 1 but it has a different glass envelope than the EL34. What make of amp is this? Do you have a schematic?

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Hi,

Just for info EL34 base.

I don't see any internal connection pin1 -8

Regards
M. Gregg

Attachments

• EL34 base.jpg
    EL34 base.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 108
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.