• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Luxman SQ38FD mkII, schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi again.
Guess there's no copies of the schematic available.
No probs, I've got by without, but what is now needed is a replacement output transformer, anybody got one?
Also the output valves are interesting (50CA10) as they claim to be triodes, but are in fact beam tetrodes, internally reconnected as triodes.

Hi Linuks.
Thanks for the reply, kinda figured that would be the case.
Would the factory still be able to supply these transformers?, hope they're not in northern Japan.......

Sorry, I don't know if Luxman (which is now Alpine) can supply replacement parts for EOL products.

Once I wished to order replacement output transformers for Sansui AU-111 (made now by Hashimoto), price was 500 EURO/pc + VAT.

Hi Phil.
The diagrams arrived yesterday.
Many thanks for the nice clear copies, excellent!
No luck so far with finding a replacement transformer, but apparently they do come up from time to time on Japanese forums so hopefully will be able to get one before too long.
Incidentally, I do have quite a collection of circuit drawings, (many I've had to trace out myself) so if you're ever looking for something specific, do ask and I'll be only too happy to send you.
All the best
Henry

Hi again.
Guess there's no copies of the schematic available.
No probs, I've got by without, but what is now needed is a replacement output transformer, anybody got one?
Also the output valves are interesting (50CA10) as they claim to be triodes, but are in fact beam tetrodes, internally reconnected as triodes.

i repaired one a year ago. a 100v japanese unit. i have a quad of the 6ca10 and a pair of 50ca10's.....
a 21hb5 might work here. two tubes in series and a dropping resistor.....

i share your observations, the tube looks like a tv scanning tube internally connected as a triode, that explains the 400 volt limits....

Sowter should have replacements that you can try....

Attachments

• 50ca10.JPG
    50ca10.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 21HB5.JPG
    21HB5.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 181
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.