• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

2nos of 6l6 in Parallel SE mode

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am having o/p transformer of 5K primary to 8ohms secondary. Than can take primary current of 80mA. Can I use the same for Parallel SE amplifier using 2 nos of 6L6 connected in Parallel? To bring down the primary impedance to 2.5k I will use 4ohms speakers on 8ohms winding. Will I get about 12w o/p?

Why run two if you only want 12w? the 6l6 and 807's in SE can easily run 12w (400V*30ma=12w)

Maximum Ratings (Design Center Values)

Pentode
Plate Voltage ................................. 500 V
Grid No. 2 Voltage ............................ 450 V
Plate Dissipation ............................. 30 W
Grid No. 2 Dissipation ........................ 5 W

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Why run two if you only want 12w? the 6l6 and 807's in SE can easily run 12w (400V*30ma=12w)

This won't however give you 12W of output which is what the OP was asking about.

@ kunshri:

Whether or not your transformer will work well under the conditions you propose is hard to know without trying it.

Two 6L6 in parallel each running at 40mA might get you (close to) the target power in pentode or UL, but probably not in triode.

IMHO It seems that this would be better done with a KT88 running at 70 - 80mA at 400 - 450V in pentode or UL rather than a pair of 6L6.. You might achieve your target output power..

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.