• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

1000W tube amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not sure how much power would be available from 80 pairs of 6as7 tubes in Futterman based OTL power Amp., but Atmasphere MA3 OTL Circlotron Amp deliver 500W from 21 tube pair ( 42 tube ) : Atma-Sphere music systems, inc.

Any way my personal opinion is that 15 - 30 w / per channel of high quality DIY tube Amp is just OK for average audiophiles listening room , paired together with enough sensitive speakers units .

Best Regards !

Geeeeeeeee.... I'd sure like to see the bookshelf speakers that thing would ppump music through.

:D
Just my thoughts...

Best regards!

Hi Folks,

I think every crossing of the wires is a potential source of failure.
And of course every winding shop will throw things at you when you show them
this picture...

Anyone suffer from boringness? So you should wind a opt to this scheme on long, cold and dark winterday by hand, turn by turn.... .:D

Wolfgang

Anyone know where I can buy DCG4/1000G-01and QB3.5/750 tubes to build my own version of an EL6471? BTW, over the last 3 years I designed and built an amp using a ss power supply and 6L6GC output tubes. It delivers 100W at 8 ohms. I am listening to it as I type. Im thinking I will use the 6L6GC to drive the QB3.5/750. We will see. I will keep you posted on my progress. Providing I can find the tubes.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Previously known as kingden
Joined 2008
Any benefits in using that much power for non-public address use? Why tube?

My calculations say that much power for a tube unit is prohibitively expensive and unwieldy.

What about transformer bandwidth and performance vs. weight at 1000W? Whoa Baby? Iron is heavy enough at 40 watts. Forklift trucks anyone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.