• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Hytron HY615 Data ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for Hytron data for the HY615 "micky mouse triode".:magnify:
If anyone would happen to know where, please.... PM me.
Working on a VHF reciever, and would like to be sure about the measurements, and pinout detail.
Thank you in advance,

Michael

Attachments

• aai0282.jpg
    aai0282.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 237
I did some testing and made a breadboard circuit, but one of the tubes had a weak heater, so it has been on the back burner for a while... It is hard to find these. I do have many 2c22's Like the 6j5, but with the caps on top just like the HY615. Only had the two hy615's, and hope to find a few more in the future.. Also working on the following circuits with these output tubes in class A2... 3c24, T35, and the 826. They are fun and done right sound just amazing. Cheers

Only had the two hy615's, and hope to find a few more in the future..

How many do you want? I am cleaning out my warehouse and I found 20 of these this afternoon. I remembered the picture from the first post. They are Philco brand with black bases still in the military contract boxes from 1943. The boxes are in varying stages of decomp though.

PM me if interested...soon. I am loading up a trailer full of tubes to be sold in bulk on Mar 17. I once had over 100,000 tubes, but have decided that it isn't worth the monthly rent check to keep them anymore. I will keep a few thousand in my garage, the rest will be gone by the end of the year.

Before I get a zillion questions, there are no high $$$$ audio tubes, mostly WWII military surplus and the good stuff has already been sold.

Has anyone checked the quoted bias voltage in the published specs?
Either I have 2 faulty but identical ones, or the Vg spec is wrong at -35v (which sounds really high for such a small tube) and Vp=300v.
I tested them on an Avo tester as being half a 12AU7 spec (-8.5v Vg, 250v Vp) and got 6mA plate current on both (+/- 10%)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.