• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

how to adjust the filament power ecc83

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Usually you will find a small knob on the underside of the tube, which can be adjusted between "cold" and "to hot to touch"... :D

Sorry for the joke, but what do you mean exactly by "adjusting the filament power"? The physical parameters as resistance, operating voltage/current and the resulting power consumption are fixed by the design of the heater - you do not normally "adjust" anything there...

Greetings,
Andreas

You can check the heater voltage by carefully putting a meter between pins 4 or 5 and pin 9. 4-9 or 5-9 should each show 6.3V, within about 5-10%. If the voltage is correct and the heater is working then the power will be correct. You do this while everything is connected.

What is your actual aim? Are you building or repairing something? Your question does not make sense, as there is no adjustment on the valve. Be careful when working inside live equipment. Don't let the probes slip, or short onto adjacent pins. If in doubt, find someone else to do it for you.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I have no manual, i have turn and listen to it. But i don't
Hear anything want to be sure it adjust right.

The trimmer is connected to 6.3 volt AC
And to pin 4/5 and pin 9 with wires.
The trimmer is connected to the 6.3 volt and the
Middel contact is going to earth.

That is not a heater voltage adjuster, but a humdinger. You adjust it for minimum hum. It should have been set at the factory and is unlikely to need further adjustment unless you modify the amplifier.

Why do you feel that it needs adjusting? You seem unwilling to say why you want to adjust it. Are you a tweaker? You clearly don't actually understand what you are doing, so why degrade your system by fiddling?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.