• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

High-End preamplifier with ECC82!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!:wave:
The measurements refer to the preamplifier is given below in Scheme (Figure 1)!
Please someone let that little comment about this preamplifier, if it does as a power preamplifieramplifier.
Feedback to be about the sound and display measurements if it worked.
If someone izradijo this pretpoačalo and made some measurements and some show here (frequency response and attitude towards the second and third harmonic!!?)
Many thanks in advance!:drink:

Attachments

• ECC802S-12AU7-ECC82-Tube-Preamplifier-Schematic.png
    ECC802S-12AU7-ECC82-Tube-Preamplifier-Schematic.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 4,690
Why not ? For best implementation of that circuit , octal tubes such as 6SN7
could be used . Lower and upper tubes would need separate filament supply ,possibly DC regulated ,and the upper one needs also a reference to B+.
Major importance should be given to the power supply section ...which 'sounds' and can be detected as the 'line preamp' circuit .
http://www.webalice.it/jlc891/schemiprechf43.htm

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Lets leave aside the silly topic about the source. I don't like this tube but I have some nice NOS 12AU7's so I built this preamp. It sounds quite good. Don't know the reasons why this tubet sounds good in mu follower and awful in a simple grounded cathode configuration (so don't ask me).

BTW, schematic was recommended by Bruce Rozentblitz. Probably misspelled.

EDIT - Mine has a different power supply.

Attachments

• 12au7lin.gif
    12au7lin.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 2,752
Last edited:
Lets leave aside the silly topic about the source. I don't like this tube but I have some nice NOS 12AU7's so I built this preamp. It sounds quite good. Don't know the reasons why this tubet sounds good in mu follower and awful in a simple grounded cathode configuration (so don't ask me).

BTW, schematic was recommended by Bruce Rozentblitz. Probably misspelled.

EDIT - Mine has a different power supply.

mu follower= SRPP ?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.