• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Sound Valves vtp-101 Schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have a schematic for a Sound Valves vtp-101 pre-amp?

Mine is blowing fuses immediately on start-up. It looks like I'll have to remove the front knobs, then the faceplate then can pull the board to troubleshoot (plus I have to be careful of the wiring to the phono jacks)...so I'd like as much info as possible before starting.

Thanks in advance,
Pat

I've also been looking for a VTP-101 schematic as I would like to beef up the power supply. In the meantime, my unit recently developed a slight hum and finally blew it's fuse last week. All the high voltage electrolytic caps showed evidence they had leaked, which I think eventually caused the bridge rectifier to blow shorted, which blew the fuse. I replaced all of the high voltage electrolytic caps other than the 3 cans and the bridge rectifier with a 4A 400V BR (orig was 2A 50V). As I noticed the main board showed evidence of excessive heat below the BR, I raised the new BR up 1\2" on it's leads to allow it to radiate better. I also replaced the wires from the phono inputs with 24G solid twisted pair (original appeared to be 20G stranded) and replaced the 2.2uf 160v MPK output coupling caps with 2.0uf 200v Sprague Vit Q PIO's. After the PIO's broke in, the sound really opened up an became more transparent. Very satisfied with the PIO's. Next I plan on changing the cheap vol pot to a higher quality stepped pot.
Please let me know it you ever came across a schematic. Thanks. Rich

Schematic

I just bought a VTP-101 last week. It was a copy of the very rare Dynaco PAS-3 Series II.

PM me I can send you a copy of the manual.

Roy at tubes4hifi knows everything about every Dynaco products. You should have a chat with him.

Stan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.