• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

PP EL34

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all

Ok, so my newly built PP KT88 Bill amp is working fine now and Im most impressed with the sound. Thanks to all who helped me with the troubleshooting.

Now I have some iron left over like PTX and OPT´s and I was thinking that maybe I would use the same schematic as for the KT88´s but adapt it for
EL34 tubes.

I understand I have to lower the anodedissipation but how do I do it?

schema_versterker.gif

schema_voeding.jpg

Cheers

Why not a bit more adventurous and try a different design ?

Hi Jaap

Well I did ask around for some advice for an integrated stereo PP amp schematic but there wasn´t anything that ticked all the boxes. I would like to use EL34 tubes as output tubes and I have transformers, no chokes. Anyway, what would you suggest?

Cheers

Hi Jaap

Well I did ask around for some advice for an integrated stereo PP amp schematic but there wasn´t anything that ticked all the boxes. I would like to use EL34 tubes as output tubes and I have transformers, no chokes. Anyway, what would you suggest?

Cheers

I have myself built the PP-1C with el34 and e88cc tubes. I am sure this design is a step ahead of the Bill.
The engineers amp of Pete Millett has a lot of documentation on this forum. It uses 4 dollar output tubes and I expect it to be better than the Bill too.

I have myself built the PP-1C with el34 and e88cc tubes. I am sure this design is a step ahead of the Bill.
The engineers amp of Pete Millett has a lot of documentation on this forum. It uses 4 dollar output tubes and I expect it to be better than the Bill too.

Hi Jaap

Well I would like to do without PCB and too many caps so I think Pete´s amp is out of the question, thanks anyway. Seams hard to find an integrated amp schematic that could work.

Cheers

Hi Jaap

Well I would like to do without PCB and too many caps so I think Pete´s amp is out of the question, thanks anyway. Seams hard to find an integrated amp schematic that could work.

Cheers

I am building Pete's amp point to point.
too many caps ? I don't get that.
Finding schematics for PP amps that work is rather easy, google is your friend.
You can also look voor KT66/88, or 6550 designs.

Attachments

• el34_babyhhuey.pdf
    74.9 KB · Views: 115
  • el34_6gk5_poinz.gif
    el34_6gk5_poinz.gif
    25.3 KB · Views: 453
I am building Pete's amp point to point.
too many caps ? I don't get that.
Finding schematics for PP amps that work is rather easy, google is your friend.
You can also look voor KT66/88, or 6550 designs.

Hey Jaap

The musicangel schematic looks interesting, thanks. I will look closer at it and get back to you. About caps, At first glance of the picture I thought there where many caps but maybe not.

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.