• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

MingDa MC845-C or Opera COnsonance Reference 9.9

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys,
I want an 845 powered set of monoblocks.
My eye is on the Mingda MC845-C and the Opera Conconance Reference 9.9.

Price difference is more than 100% (consonance being more expensive by 100% compared to the Mingda, but seriously good looking...).
The Mingda I can actually get including preamp (the MC-7R, which has been used and modded here) for half teh price of just the mono blocks from consonance. Plus a decent pre amp for the consonance will also be significantly more expensive!

As such, I'd like to have other people's opinion on these options. I.e. is opera worth the extra money (please not that I'm in Shanghai, so both will be significantly cheaper than in europe or the US).

Last edited:
Yes, I saw the lamp's review and mods. Unfortunately they are not these are 300B's not 845's, which is what I want to get.
I am sure even the Mingda 845s sound fab, but can they beat the R9.9's from consonance?

As for building, yes, I understand that, but still, builders tend to have a bit experience with what sounds good. Hence their advice could be of great value to me :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.