Tubed voltage regulator for KT88se amp, need help ? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th February 2011, 04:26 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Tubed voltage regulator for KT88se amp, need help ?

Hello,
Last year I built this amp:

stereo SE kt88 build ... abdellah diyaudioprojects design

It has been one of my favorites. I have all the parts to build another one but this time I would like to add a regulated (tube) power supply. I have never used regulated supplies on any of my previous builds but have heard praises sang about the benefits of regulated supplies.

I was hoping someone might have a fairly simple, easy to construct design that I could implement in place of the unregulated supply for this design.

I want to use all tubes as I have a lot of real-estate on my chassis.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Jeff
Old 7th February 2011, 06:52 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

steve bench's series of articles on tubed regulators, although you've probably been there already...
Old 7th February 2011, 07:46 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

The TCJ issue archives from may 1999 to august 1999 at John Broskie's Guide to Tube Circuit Analysis & Design
Old 7th February 2011, 12:51 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Ok,
Thanks for the great links. I have read all the info there, I think I have a good understanding of how these different topologies work. Problem is I don't think I am savvy enough to create my own design "de novo". What I am really asking for is a "drop in" regulator circuit/schematic with all the component values figured out for the amp at hand.
Second best would be a schematic close enough that has adjustable features I could "dial in" the proper voltage. Can anyone supply me with a schematic I could use like this on this amp? I already have an identical amp built without the regulated supply. I could build the circuit on a proto board and splice it into my existing amp for test and tweak purposes. Once refined I could build another amp with this circuit installed.
Jeff

Hide this!Advertise here!