• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Found a CHEAP source of output transformers in Europe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It is HARD to find cheap transformers in Europe no doubt.
But just found this
Speaker transformers for vacuum-tube amplifiers, TGL series, TGL5/001, TGL5/002, TGL15/001, TGL20/001, TGL20/002, TGL20/003, TGL35/001, TGL35/002, TGL35/003, TGL40/001, TGL60/001, TGL60/002, TGL60/003, TGL80/001
This TME thing is spreaded in most of EU's countrys.

The producer is from Poland.
Katalog A for more info

The prices are amazing and they also have power transformers :)

Who said Europe is expensive? I can get tubes for 4E, transformers for for 15E....etc

It is HARD to find cheap transformers in Europe no doubt.
But just found this
Speaker transformers for vacuum-tube amplifiers, TGL series, TGL5/001, TGL5/002, TGL15/001, TGL20/001, TGL20/002, TGL20/003, TGL35/001, TGL35/002, TGL35/003, TGL40/001, TGL60/001, TGL60/002, TGL60/003, TGL80/001
This TME thing is spreaded in most of EU's countrys.

The producer is from Poland.
Katalog A for more info

The prices are amazing and they also have power transformers :)

Who said Europe is expensive? I can get tubes for 4E, transformers for for 15E....etc

I hope it's a typo on the website ... Primary Impedance in Ohms??? Kilohms surely ...

doesn't inspire confidence!

Have you purchased any?

I don't know if Indel will sell to you direct but you can get them from HERE. If you use Google translate it is easy enough to understand.

I have recently bought a pair of THESE for a RH84 SE amp. I have not been able to compare them to others but I think they are excellent, they certainly are for the money. Communicating in English was no problem at all.

2py22p0.jpg

Nope. Just found it a few hours ago. TME it's a good electronic comonent dealer anyway. I think the transformers have a very good value for the price(made in poland). Also you don't have to pay for the brand...wich is good. I'm gonna give them a try soon.

@Peterr . I sugest TME as they as sell more than just parts for tube amps....so the price is lower i think. Also they have more locations -> smaller shippment taxex. Anyway thank you for your input !

Peter, that's very encouraging, especially since you apparently managed to get those shipped to The Netherlands, which is relevant to me ;) If you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for shipping & handling? I was pointed to a UK-based firm by a board member a couple of days ago, but the S&H was relatively steep.

Let's take the smallest one(the one that i need for my project)
Power: 5w
Impedance: 5.2k primary
8ohms secondary
The given transformation ratio Usecondary/Uprimary
I like the chopper band. They really seem to have an excellent Q/P ratio

Attachments

• TGL5_001.JPG
    TGL5_001.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 2,836
I don't like the copper band. It would definitely have its place in a power transformer (to short out/cancel fringe flux), but I can''t see a valid use for it in an SE transformer, as the last thing I'd want to do in that application is to short out fringing flux from the gap.

Peter, that's very encouraging, especially since you apparently managed to get those shipped to The Netherlands, which is relevant to me ;) If you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for shipping & handling? I was pointed to a UK-based firm by a board member a couple of days ago, but the S&H was relatively steep.

Total was about €65 for two OPTs and shipping.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.