faulty audioromy 6550 no output and very faith sound please help - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th January 2011, 07:17 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default faulty audioromy 6550 no output and very faith sound please help

Hi

I have just bought a Audioromy 6550 valve amps. From china and its faulty on arrival as there is very little customer service when buying from china I really need some help.

It powers on fine and lights up and I’ve tried all the different connections / configurations but all I can get is very faint sound of music no matter which input is selected. Some sound is coming through but very very faint and only when turned up fully.

Do you have any idea what is wrong with it or what I should test on it.

Heres a couple of sample photos of what it looks like, double click them to enlarge.

www.ohmyshutter.com:

Anyone possibly help, im desperate to get it going ?

Thanks

Last edited by westsounds; 29th January 2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 29th January 2011, 07:24 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Is your running voltage 220-240? If that's the case, I might say that they have it wired for 110-120 volts but don't for sure so I am just throwing it out there for ya!
Old 29th January 2011, 07:28 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

it says 220v on it and I am in the uk so it should be ok. its powers up fine its the sound output.
Old 29th January 2011, 07:33 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Oh well, it was worth a shot as I have seen the mis-voltages many times with those chinese amplifiers. I personally don't have any experience with that particular amplifier, but it looks to have sufficient input stages for a tuner, CD player etc. Without a schematic, I guess we're up the creek without a paddle.
Old 29th January 2011, 08:58 PM   #5
M Gregg is offline M Gregg  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi,

If you have tried everything else you need to post a schematic or link to one! Then we can tell you what to test and take it from there. Are both channels the same? Are all heaters on? I assume there is no mute switch Etc?

Regards
M. Gregg
Old 29th January 2011, 09:00 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

First, I would start by checking voltage rails are present....

Maybe a resistor or summit in PSU has died....
Old 29th January 2011, 10:47 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

All the tubes light up. I think I need someone to have a look at it.

Does anyone know anyone who does repairs near Pembrokeshire, West Wales or I am in Port Talbot quite a bit, could possibly take it to someone there or anywhere on route.

Last edited by westsounds; 29th January 2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 30th January 2011, 09:45 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default more info on the amp

Of the tubes themselves the bigger 6550 are very hot you cant touch them even for a split second. The valves at the front are three small tubes, two on the outside 5963 and the one in the middle is 6N4 and they all light up. When I first assembled it and plugged it in I didnít realize that they where different and I put the middle valve the 6N4 on the end, would this have caused a problem? I have put them in the right positions now though and they do all light up as they should.

Anyway out of these tubes the two outer ones are very hot and you cant touch but the one in the middle the 6N4 is lit up and hotish but you can actually hold in between your fingers when on is this normal?
Old 30th January 2011, 10:07 AM   #9
John C is offline John C  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi,

This guy would be able to help, but he may be too far away for you...

Tube Distinctions - Main Page

Regards
Old 30th January 2011, 10:48 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsounds View Post
All the tubes light up. I think I need someone to have a look at it.

Does anyone know anyone who does repairs near Pembrokeshire, West Wales or I am in Port Talbot quite a bit, could possibly take it to someone there or anywhere on route.
Well, I'm in Swansea if thats any good....

Hide this!Advertise here!