• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Which cap for the Musical Machine?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have tried at least a dozen different caps for the coupling of the driver diff-amp to the outputs, and the best I have tried, and substantially so, is the Rel RT polystyrene/tin foil. Only place I know that has them is Michael Percy. They're not expensive, about half or less the price of the Mundorf ones I used before. The 0.33μF/400V are about eleven clams.

Aloha,

Poinz
AudioTropic

I have tried at least a dozen different caps for the coupling of the driver diff-amp to the outputs, and the best I have tried, and substantially so, is the Rel RT polystyrene/tin foil. Only place I know that has them is Michael Percy. They're not expensive, about half or less the price of the Mundorf ones I used before. The 0.33μF/400V are about eleven clams.

Aloha,

Poinz
AudioTropic

I ordered something from Michel Percy once and after 6 months of waiting I called to cancel my order and never got my $40 bucks back, I'm sure glad I didn't order anything really expensive from him, I'll never order from him again thats for sure.

Aloha,

Poinz
AudioTropic

Thanks Poinz.

Have your tried the three I listed? I'll grab a few of those RELs, but I'll probably try the others too.

I've ordered from MP two or three times with no issues. Maybe a little slow to ship, a call to check on the order and I had it within 3 days.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.