• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

AMC CVT3030a Help for repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello !
I've got this amp new in, say 1993/94. It has had some issues over the years :
When in warranty, one channel stop working, the importer's repairer did a terrible job, removing some connector and doing bad soldering job. But it worked.
Some years ago the B+ diode bridge went out and I repaired it changing the big filter electrolytic.
A week ago, one channel went out, blowing the fuse on the B+ supply. I thought that the diodes had gone south again. Alas, it was one of the left channel EL34 has lost it's vacuum (soldering a tube is not a good idea, but it worked for years).
I bought a couple of ElectroHarmonix Sovtek EL34EH and soldered them. This channel runs fine now.
But the other channel arced on one of the EL34 I thought it was caused by the opening having disturbed dirt and dust inside the box. I scratched the PCB between the two pins which smoke, and the put things back in. The bias was impossible to get on this channel : The 0V is impossible to get becase I get around the bias voltage..... So I suspect one of the FET (BS592 and it's associated PN2222A) to have blown. I cant source them anywhere.
So All your thoughts and help will be *vastly* appreciated !
Many thank in advance for your help and advice !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.