• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Shuguang 300BC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

I am using the 300B JJ and 300BC Shuguang.
One quartett of 300BC with one year of work at 410 Vdc and 50 mA of current ( fixed bias) got three three spot problems ( intermittent high anode current on different tubes).
With same circuit the JJ seems to be run good.
The sound of 300BC is very interesting, maybe better than JJ.
Someone found problems with 300BC?

Thanks and ciao

Walter

Hello!

One quartett of 300BC with one year of work at 410 Vdc and 50 mA of current ( fixed bias) got three three spot problems ( intermittent high anode current on different tubes).

Thanks and ciao

Walter
Buona sera.

I use Shuguang 300B tubes in my SET amp and they sound good when B+ is at around 370V and bias is at 70mA.

There have been some output tube reviews but they should be taken with a grain of salt. 300B listening tests You don't have to change this output tube to sound different. Just by changing B+ voltage and bias current can alter it so I'm not sure if tube rolling is worth it as long as it holds up.

Ciao.

Last edited:
Hello!

Thanks and ciao

Walter

Walter,

When are you going to pay my invoice number 10350 ? This is from september last year and you are not all responding to my E-mails

Guido

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.