diyAudio (
-   Tubes / Valves (
-   -   can anyone identify theses OT markings? (

trigger 11th January 2011 04:58 AM

can anyone identify theses OT markings?
i have 2 transformers that were pulled from a large wurlitzer organ (i think maybe lowery?)

one of them is marked;


the other;


each has one white and one black wire and both look identical in make.

i was just trying to find out some specs on them, and way to test them?

thank you much

aardvarkash10 11th January 2011 05:36 AM

sounds like chokes, not transformers...

trigger 11th January 2011 06:31 AM

yeah chokes.

umm excuse my noobness but what is the difference between a choke and output transformer?

aardvarkash10 11th January 2011 06:36 AM

a choke is a single winding inductor - one wire in, one out.

Typically it is used in a power supply to smooth the ripple in the supply.

A Transformer has two (or more) windings and typically is designed to match the voltage (or impedance) of dissimilar supply and load.

trigger 11th January 2011 04:47 PM

thank you for clearing that up, any clue how to test the henrys? on the choke?

Tre' 11th January 2011 09:22 PM

How to Measure Inductance

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:07 PM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2