• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Hi, New member just bought k272a kit from Oatley

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Just joined and first post, so I thought I would introduce myself.

Located in Melbourne, Australia.

Into guitars tube amps also.

Bought an Oatley K272a kit based on recommendations on this forum to see how it will drive my Alessandro MS1s.

Waiting for it to arrive.

Regards

Jack5

Hi all,

Just joined and first post, so I thought I would introduce myself.

Located in Melbourne, Australia.

Into guitars tube amps also.

Bought an Oatley K272a kit based on recommendations on this forum to see how it will drive my Alessandro MS1s.

Waiting for it to arrive.

Regards

Jack5

What a coincidence, I've just finished my K272A yesterday and am also using it to drive a MS1.

It's a nice build, Enjoy!!

Oatley K295

Ordered the K295 buffer, try it out and see what it sounds like. I plan to use it as a buffer with my Crown ic150a that has been recapped, the recapping has done wonders to the ic, removed the output cap and now it is dc coupled, changed out the ic and put in burr brown opa627's. Now that what it should sound like!
Peter C.

Built Oatley K272A last night

Well I built it last night. A few upgrades, metal film 1m resistors, mkp1837 coupling caps, and nichicon muse 220uf output caps.

Sounds good to me though I don't claim to have golden ears or anything.

Looking for a box to house it in now. The standoff mounting holes are small on this pcb. Standard ones from Jaycar don't fit. Tried it at 18v and thought that it added some bass. Also, bass seemed to be better through my PX100s than my MS1s.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.