diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Tubes / Valves (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/)
-   -   Hybride bipolair amp (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/180797-hybride-bipolair-amp.html)

kees52 9th January 2011 05:08 PM

Hybride bipolair amp

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all

The best wishes for 2011 and make the best and most nice sounding amp who last for a livetime in stead of a trow away amp from china destroying our worlds nature as with many products
we don,t need.

Here I have a schematic of my own design who is not ever build or tested I thought this is nice for the people here to play with.

You need multisim 11 for it. the simulation was nice it is current feedback type of amp with a (high current) tube in mustage form driving the transistors, it is not a mosfet amp, bipolairs sound far better if good used, never try IGBT she are far worse then the mosfet, mosfet with his miller capacity have to be drive with current, a lot of it, most 100 ma to sometimes 300 ma that is big class a for a driver stage and it has to make also heavy voltage the same time, bipolairs use current only that is nice.

try it and let me now, I work myself on the design it is a new way of use tubes with bipolairs, and maybe i are completely wrong and blow up the bipolairs with the tube while warming up haha.

kees52 10th January 2011 09:45 PM

I think it is placed om the wrong place, there is not a place for hybride amps?

Bigun 10th January 2011 10:27 PM

No, there's no hybrid forum. It seems that there are a few people who visit both the SS and tube forum and can contribute to hybrid amplifier threads, but not many. I have wondered if it's not better to present the tube part on the tube forum and the SS part in the SS forum in order to attract some input.

Anyhow, your amplifier sounds interesting - can you post a schematic diagram, I don't have multisim.

revintage 11th January 2011 05:37 AM

Hey,
It would be very interesting to see your design.

Do a Print-Screen of your schematic as very few here(AFAIK), use Multisim.

If you want to share simulations, use a common program like LTspice(freeware).

hidnplayr 11th January 2011 11:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it comes..

kees52 11th January 2011 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is the pdf of the 6C4N tube hybride.

kees52 11th January 2011 12:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here the instruments, be aware it is only simulation, you have to fine tune it, but it is nice to try a tube driving bipolairs, it is with feedback bipolairs can,t without as power amp.

the tube driver is a mu-stage with a very low impedance because of the mosfet used. the tube has to be operated at 10 ma, so if build fine tune it.

DF96 11th January 2011 12:34 PM

I can't see the point of this sort of hybrid, as it combines the worst features of both technologies and requires a complex multi-rail power supply. Don't expect "tube sound" from it!

Bigun 11th January 2011 01:55 PM

Well there's a vote of confidence for you.

kees52 11th January 2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DF96 (Post 2429307)
I can't see the point of this sort of hybrid, as it combines the worst features of both technologies and requires a complex multi-rail power supply. Don't expect "tube sound" from it!

Hybrides never can give sound like tubes, tube amps are lazy amps, not much speed, unless you use a very expensive output trafo.

I have a hybride with 6C4N and as mosfet driver 6C19N a very beefy triode.

It sounds very good, Much people here have heard it. but afcourse not so sweet as a real tube amp, that is not possible because there is no output trafo who slow down signals making blockwaves sinuslike. Tube amps can sound beautifull because of the rest she give to music, speed is not really a isseu there.