• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

AudioCap PPT Theta for tube amps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone used AudioCap PPT Theta caps for interstage coupling between a driver and output tube? I am building an amp with 6C45pi and 300B and need to couple the two stages. Have not decided yet if I will use a CCS on the 6C45pi or an inductor.:scratch:

6C45pi

Has anyone out there any experience with plate loading the 6C45pi with an inductor and/or CCS. Which sounded best?
I have a set of Hammond 30H 40mA chokes, both depletion mode and enhacement mode FET's coming out my ears, but not sure which way to go with these Russian beauties(6C45pi).

MIKET if you have the parts, why don't you try them and see what you like the best. My vote would go with the CCS, but then again, I wouldn't use a 6C45 as a driver anyway. Low loaded pentodes (as pentodes) sound much clearer to me in this application (and as GM70 and 6550 drivers)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.