• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

loose plate caps, hi temp glue???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Suggest you try a two-part epoxy resin, I have had reasonable success regluing 807 top caps with it, dunno what the brand name would be in your part of the world, downunder the common one is Araldite - a pair of syringes joined at the hip containing resin and hardner, in a blister pack.
High temp RTV sealant might work too, some them are quite sticky.

I have several loose plate caps needing a hi temp glue

I used my multimeter and a thermocouple to measure the temperature on the top of a power tube and it is surprisingly low - around 105-110 degrees Celcius (just over the boiling point of water). Most epoxies will withstand this type of temperature virtually indefinitely (interesting point - some electrolytic capacitors are rated to operate for 2,000 to 3,000 hours at 105 degrees celcius).

liquid glass

Try mixture of liquid glas (Na2SiO3) with some finegrained sand (or dust). I prefer to use quartz type of fine sand but all sorts of fine sand will work. After some experimenting I manage to glue several anode caps on 6146b tubes.
One more thing..clean all electrical contact surfaces before 'glue' makes firm bond.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.