• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Freed transformer info needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I made a very fortuitous purchase of a stash of tube gear from a friendly elderly gentleman who was trying to simplify his life and clean out his basement!

Among the amps & et. was a pair of mono blocks with separate power supplies (4 chassis in all) that were builds of a Freed Hi-Fi amplifier, based upon a May 1954 spec sheet and circuit diagram. (Some may recall that Freen made the iron in the Citation II).

The circuit was a basic Williamson design, using 6SN7s for amps and drivers and 5881s for output tubes.

Included were some very rare Freed transformers, including a pair of KA-10 UL output trannies. These have a 6.6K primary and 8/16 secondaries. The manufacturer's published response curves are better than anything I'd ever seen. When i get some time, I'll scan and print the spec sheet.

I'm contemplating a new amp build with a mu-follower driver circuit and El34s.

In the meantime, I wonder if anyone else:

1. Is familiar with the Freed KA-10 OPTs?
2. Knows the specs for the Freed KP-10 power transformer;
3. Ditto for the KC-10 and KC-11 "filter reactors". i.e. chokes

Thanks in advance!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.