Paid 5$ for this deluxe/vibrolux schematic! some connections missing help!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there, I need help with this schematic bought on a site. There are many free project online but this is what I'm searching: a simplified version of blackface vibrolux or deluxe reverb! Comparing this schematic with others I found that some connection are missing like reverb pot and other stuff on the board!
I alredy bought stuff for building it but I can't for these missing connections!
Can someone show me what's missing here please?
This is a multi layer composition, so it's a little confused

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1690/retroluxcopy.jpg

Your best strategy is to contact the person you bought this from.
Also, that's a layout diagram, not a schematic. A schematic is what you need to find your missing connections - though the layout diagram is helpful as well.
I wouldn't have a lot of confidence in the mod/design if the layout diagram isn't complete, and clear. Some of the connections that are important (4/5pin heater connection on 12AX7s) are not very dramatic on that layout. So, you need to get the actual schematic from the vendor, or download from schematicheaven and double-check everything. There is no shortcut to these things, and just depending on the color of the wires to connect is not a good plan.
Have you built other tube amps? That's a fairly complicated circuit.

John

Last edited:
Thanks for answer, that's why I wrote here, the seller doesn't answer to my mails.. I'm understanding what to do from original layout now.
Can I ask you if I want to eliminate master volume and put in a simple pot volume what I have to change?

Well, the layout you have posted and linked to has a standard volume control, not a master volume control as far as I can see.
It also doesn't have a tremolo/vibrato circuit, so don't get confused by looking at vibrato schematics.

I don't know how far you have gotten with this project - whether you have ordered parts, cut holes in a chassis, etc.- but I strongly recommend a simpler circuit unless you have quite a bit of experience. (Or a good kit, but they tend to be a bit expensive.)
Something lower-powered like a Tweed Princeton with a reverb pedal like the HolyGrail would get you a long way toward the same sound.
I've built simple (Champ,Princeton) and complex (Bassman, Ampeg B-15, Trainwreck) amps and the simpler ones are more fun, less frustrating, cheaper, and plenty loud enough to boot.

John

That's bit of a pig. The incomplete layout diagram multiplies the effort required to complete the assembly quite a lot. I'm guessing it's the Torres, and you've bought a kit, otherwise how would you identify the unmarked components? Is it a short kit or a full one including chassis?

If you could post a pic of the chassis and a BOM it would simplify things a bit. The best hope (least effort) is to identify a close match from the circuits on the web and go from there.

w

Yes, it's a torres retrolux. I've read bad things about torres's service, I only bought his project, because it's a blackface vibrolux/deluxe reverb simplified version.
I want to rebuild this amp
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

paid 150 euros, it's an epiphone blues custom 30w clone, 2x5881,5x12ax7,5ar4 rectifier, I've ordered necessary parts on etronic shop, capacitors, resistors, pot, 2x12at7 etc. for about 100 euros.

That's what I think torres misses

comparing to weber's 6a40, pretty similar unless vibrato channel, and super reverb layout on ampwares.
If someone want to take a look to the entire project I can send you a mail cause there are too many sheet to upload here

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.