Audio Note M-Zero remote control problem - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th December 2010, 12:53 PM   #1
DIYNick is offline DIYNick  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Audio Note M-Zero remote control problem

Hi, i wonder if there is anyone out there with the above pre amp. I have just bought one (ebay....wouldn't you know) and whilst it arrived looking perfectly as described and works, the remote (which looks like it controls the cd player as well doesn't work).

Without the remote you can't change the inputs, so it is kind of fundamental!

I'm awaiting reply from seller, so it still may get resolved this way. In the meantime I was wondering how I could determine if it is the amp itself or the remote?

I've tried numerous remotes I have to hand but know joy. How do you find out which code /frequency etc it uses?

Any ideas welcome?

Nick
Old 11th December 2010, 01:06 PM   #2
piano3 is offline piano3  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I'd contact Peter Qvortrup himself at Audionote, if I were you.
Old 11th December 2010, 01:09 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Did you change the batteries on the remote?

Seriously Just Kidding (sorta)
Old 11th December 2010, 01:18 PM   #4
el156 is offline el156  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYNick View Post
Hi, i wonder if there is anyone out there with the above pre amp. I have just bought one (ebay....wouldn't you know) and whilst it arrived looking perfectly as described and works, the remote (which looks like it controls the cd player as well doesn't work).

Without the remote you can't change the inputs, so it is kind of fundamental!

I'm awaiting reply from seller, so it still may get resolved this way. In the meantime I was wondering how I could determine if it is the amp itself or the remote?

I've tried numerous remotes I have to hand but know joy. How do you find out which code /frequency etc it uses?

Any ideas welcome?

Nick
Hi ! If the remote is IR ,then you can use your video camera to see if it works,just put the remote in front of the camera (IN REC MODE),and press any button in the remote,and you are able to see the IR led blinking. You cannot see IR ,but the camera can! If it doesnt blink,open the RC and replace the 455Khz cristal ,it is the most common problems in RCs.
Silvino
Old 11th December 2010, 02:02 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thanks, guys

I may go straight to audio note thanks for the contact name, amp sounds pretty good so would like to keep it.

@el156........ Wow! Brilliant stuff with video camera.....so now I know remote is ok, it is the amp. Wonder how hard expensive that will be to fix?

Cheers
Old 11th December 2010, 02:38 PM   #6
piano3 is offline piano3  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I have a nasty feeling that the zero series,which represented very good value for money, were made outside the UK unlike the majority of stuff which is made at the factory in Lancing.
Old 11th December 2010, 03:03 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piano3 View Post
unlike the majority of stuff which is made at the factory in Lancing.
That is interesting, the seller lives in Lancing. I'm still hoping they will come back to me with a suggestion/solution.
Old 11th December 2010, 03:34 PM   #8
el156 is offline el156  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYNick View Post
Thanks, guys

I may go straight to audio note thanks for the contact name, amp sounds pretty good so would like to keep it.

@el156........ Wow! Brilliant stuff with video camera.....so now I know remote is ok, it is the amp. Wonder how hard expensive that will be to fix?

Cheers
Anyway i would suggest you to replace the 455Khz oscilator inside the RC(if it exists),because even if the IR blinks, the oscilator might be oscilating at a very diferent frequency,and so the codes sended can be wrong!
Silvino
Old 11th December 2010, 05:09 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hi el156, many thanks for your reply, I think that maybe beyond my talents! I think I'll have to send it off to someone who knows what they are doing

Nick

Hide this!Advertise here!